How It All Started
Tracey has always had a love for baking. It was instilled in her from the time she was little and she sat on a nearby stool in the kitchen as she watched her Grandpa, who was a professional chef, craft a variety of dishes and desserts. She aspired to be a great cook and make him proud with her creations.
After baking pies, cookies and cakes for family and friends and entering her treats for many years and winning blue ribbons in the State Fair of Virginia, she decided to give business ownership a try. In the spring of 2008, Simply Southern Pies was created. With help and encouragement from family members the business was off to a great start. Since the first farmer’s market the business has expanded to 3 markets and baking for all sorts of special occasions. With a love of baking and making new memories for customers with her pies, she aspires to make the freshest and most delicious pie you’ve ever tasted.
About our Pies
- Our pie crusts are made with our own special blend of fresh cream butter and trans-fat free vegetable shortening. (Grandma’s recipe!)
- You’ll never see any margarine in our kitchen – just sweet cream butter.
- We use organic whole milk
- We never use canned fruit for our pies.
- We never use any preservatives.
- We go to great lengths to find and use locally grown produce when possible.
- Our crust is made from the finest Virginia unbleached pastry flour that is milled for us locally.
- Our fruit pies never have any artificial flavorings, colors or high fructose syrups.
- Several of our pies are State Fair winners!